The Art of Packet Crafting with Scapy
- This is an intense workshop on crafting packets using Python and Scapy.
- We’ll understand low level networking details/abstractions like raw Sockets and move towards using high level tools like Scapy to craft packets.
- We’ll understand Scapy framework and craft packets using it.
- We’ll leverage Scapy as a framework to build custom network tools/utilities.
- Practical network reconnaissance techniques like host discovery, service discovery, Remote OS finger printing, promiscuous node detection using Scapy.
- Launching Layer 2 attacks.
- Leverage Scapy to build custom tools/utilities such as sniffers, pcap analyzer, wireless sniffers and scanners.
- Basics of Python programming. (strings, lists, functions, list comprehensions etc)
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts. (Enough to know what an IP address, port number, OSI model etc.)
- Comfortable with basic operations on your host operating system.(copying files, using text editor)
- Laptop with administrator access (mandatory).
- Minimum 4 GB RAM and 15 GB free hard disk space (More the better).
- Preferably running Linux as primary OS but Windows/Mac is permissible.
- Preferably, your own Internet connectivity.
- Standard library
- Third party modules
- scapy, netaddr, inetfaces.