- Created by Guido Van Rossum in 1991.
- Tremendous community support.
- Lots of momentum in Pen Testing industry(Scapy, Sulley, Volatility, Impacket… other tools, A few dedicated courses, Half a dozen useful books)
Python tools/books/courses for security at: https://github.com/dloss/python-pentest-tools
- Python is an interpreted, multi-paradigm language.
- Python has no compile-time type checking of the source code. Python tracks the types of all values at runtime and flags code that does not make sense as it runs.
- Python is a scripting language similar to Ruby, Perl, Lua.
- ‘Batteries included’ in nature.
- Powerful third party libraries.
- Python saves a lot of ‘programmer’s time’(which is of essence in a pen test)
- Simple Learning curve
More info on python compilation at: http://trizpug.org/Members/cbc/wyntkap/compiler.html